Meet The Arctic Van: a 4x4 diesel 2018 Ford Transit cargo van, medium roof, 148” wheel base (non-extended).
Dani is in the process of converting an empty cargo van into a tiny home! The van is being built to withstand the coldest environments and explore the trails less travelled.
Key features of the Van:
- Diesel Heater: the main heat source
- Mini Woodstove: the remote backcountry heat and cooking source
- Outside Shower: to wash off muddy gear and happy, muddy dogs! Hot water heater included.
- NW Conversions 22 Gallon Water Tank: Custom designed to fit over the awkward rear wheel-well shape.
- Vancillary Headliner Shelf: to double the amount of storage space in the bulkhead area of the van
- Slide-out, Lift-up Bench bed: to serve as an extra bed; as a bench; and maximize storage
- Snomaster CL56D Dual Fridge/Freezer: to keep all the produce fresh and the drinks cool!
- Furrion 17” Oven/Range: for cooking and baking
- Full size bed
- Roof rack
- 2 Solar Panels
- Goal Zero Yeti 3000x Power
Follow the build journal and the adventures here: